5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage
Keep Your Monthly Payments as Affordable as Possible...
...And protect yourself from rising interest rates with the Burke & Herbert Bank 5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage:
• Start with a lower rate compared to a traditional fixed-rate loan and enjoy lower monthly payments for the first five years.
• Gain the predictability of stable payments at the beginning of your loan term since the rate is fixed for five years.
• Rate adjusts just once every five years, with each rate adjustment capped at a maximum increase of 2%.
• Lifetime rate adjustment cap of 5% over the starting rate.
• Available for both conforming and jumbo mortgages.
• Available for primary residences and second homes.
Our 5/5 Adjustable Rate Mortgage can be a much more affordable option, especially in the first five to 10 years of your loan. Be sure to consider this option if you expect to be in your home less than 10 years.
The above is for information only and is not a commitment to lend. All loans are subject to underwriting approval. Information displayed is accurate as of June 13, 2017 and is subject to change without notice. The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) shown reflects the interest and applicable closing costs.
Interest rate and payment may increase over the life of the loan. After the initial fixed-rate period, your interest rate can increase or decrease every five years, according to the market index. Any change may significantly impact your monthly payment. For conforming and jumbo ARM interest rates and adjustments, the interest rate will be based on the following index: the weekly average yield on U.S. Treasury securities adjusted to a constant maturity of five years plus a margin of 2%, not to exceed interim and lifetime adjustment caps. The Maximum Interest Rate and Maximum Payment displayed are based on the initial starting rate plus a margin of 5.00%, which is the maximum lifetime adjustment cap.