Down Payment Assistance for the Military Community
Veterans, Active-Duty Military, National Guard Reservists, Spouses, and Surviving Spouses Eligible
Burke & Herbert Bank supports our military community, by helping you access funds that have been specially designated for making a down payment and/or paying closing costs incurred when buying a home.
- Up to $15,000 available for qualified active-duty U.S. Military, Veterans, and National Guard Reservists, and their spouses or surviving spouses
To participate in this down payment assistance program, borrowers must:
- Occupy the home as your primary residence, with no cash refinance of the property, for at least five years.
- Complete an approved home buyer education and financial literacy course specified by the FHLB Atlanta.
- Meet income eligibility requirements.*
Additional Down Payment Assistance Programs Available
We also participate in down payment assistance programs for these home buyers:
To learn more about these down payment assistance programs, visit your nearest branch or call us at 703-684-1655 and ask to speak with a Mortgage Loan Officer.
* Buyers must meet Burke & Herbert Bank’s minimum qualifying underwriting standards. Household income must be equal to or less than 80% of HUD Median Income adjusted for family size in the area where the home is being purchased. This is not a commitment to lend money.
This is a product of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta. Household income restrictions and other requirements apply. Funds for these programs are limited and subject to availability. Please see the opens in a new windowFederal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s programs for complete product requirements.