Down Payment Assistance for Service Sector Employees
Up to $7,500 Available for Eligible Service Sector Employees
Burke & Herbert Bank is committed to supporting service sector employees and other community partners, by helping you access funds that have been specially designated for making a down payment and/or paying closing costs incurred when buying a home.
Up to $7,500 in matching funds is available for qualified borrowers (current or retired law enforcement officers, firefighters, educators, health care workers, National Guard Reservists, and other first responders.) For every $1 you contribute to your home purchase, you can receive $4 in matching funds, up to $7,500.
To participate in this down payment assistance program, borrowers must:
- Contribute at least $1,000 toward your home’s purchase.
- Occupy the home as your primary residence, with no cash refinance of the property, for at least five years.
- Complete an approved home buyer education and financial literacy course specified by FHLB Atlanta.
- Meet income eligibility requirements.*
Additional Down Payment Assistance Programs Available
We also participate in down payment assistance programs for these home buyers:
- First-time Home Buyers Learn more
- Veterans, Active-Duty Military and National Guard Reservists Learn more
To learn more, visit your nearest branch or call us at 703-684-1655 and ask to speak with a Mortgage Loan Officer.
* Buyers must meet Burke & Herbert Bank’s minimum qualifying underwriting standards. Household income must be equal to or less than 80% of HUD Median Income adjusted for family size in the area where the home is being purchased. This is not a commitment to lend money.
This is a product of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta. Household income restrictions and other requirements apply. Funds for these programs are limited and subject to availability. Please see the opens in a new windowFederal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s programs for complete product requirements.