Meet future responsibilities with timely solutions
What will happen to your assets when you're gone? Who will manage them, and how will they be distributed? Will the people and organizations that are close to you be taken care of as you want them to be? These questions are all equally important and deserving of answers.
Preserve your assets for your future generations
Estate and Tax Planning
Proper estate planning is a key element of your financial plan that will help ensure the preservation of your assets for your future generations and organizations. We can help you design an estate plan that cares for your family and achieves your wishes. Our trust professionals can assist you in exploring the benefits of trusts when managing your assets.
You should expect three main things from your trust: control, flexibility and income generation. Burke & Herbert Trust Services experts help you meet those expectations while perfectly complementing the investment insight of Burke & Herbert Wealth Management.
Our Trust Services team consists of highly trained trust professionals who each have an average of 15 years of experience. They are here to:
- Guide you through the necessary steps to help shield your assets from estate taxes and distribute your income in ways that best meet your needs and your wishes
- Fulfill the critical role of steward to distribute income and principal to your beneficiaries as directed by legal documents
- Protect all beneficiaries’ interests and conduct an evaluation of their needs for discretionary distributions of trust assets
- Exercise fiduciary duties while containing administrative costs
- Provide tax planning, tax filing and recordkeeping services related to trustee responsibilities
- Deliver combined reporting, account statements and tax reporting to interested parties
Patricia, the Bank's Senior Trust Officer and Manager of Estate and Trust Administration Services, has more than 35 years of experience in the Trust field. In emphasizing the advantages offered by Burke & Herbert Trust Services, she notes "We don't take a cookie-cutter approach. We make it a point to get to know each client individually." Patricia, who chairs the Bank's Trust Administration Committee and serves as Secretary for the Trust Committee of the Board of Directors, previously was at Riggs Bank and NationsBank, predecessor organizations of PNC Bank and Bank of America, respectively. She holds a B.S. in Finance from the School of Business at Auburn University, and has continued her studies by completing the Personal Trust curriculum through the Cannon Financial Institute.
- Not FDIC Insured
- Not Bank Guaranteed
- May Lose Value
- Not Insured by any Federal Government Agency
- Not a Bank Deposit
Securities and advisory services are offered through, and Wealth Advisors are registered with, LPL Financial, a Registered Investment Advisor, Member FINRA / SIPC. Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. Burke & Herbert Wealth Management and Burke & Herbert Bank are not registered broker/dealers and are not affiliated with LPL Financial.
The LPL Registered Representatives associated with this site may discuss and/or transact securities business only with residents of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, MD, MI, NC, NV, NY, PA, SC, TX, VA, WV.