Coronavirus Update (June 23, 2020)
Burke & Herbert Bank remains committed to following guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local and national authorities to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus. We also remain committed to doing all we can to meet our customers’ personal and business banking needs, while caring for the safety of our customers and team members.
The Bank is here for you and remains open for business, with some temporary changes to how we are delivering branch banking services.
- Starting Monday, June 29, we will re-open most of our branch lobbies – customers will no longer be required to make an appointment before visiting a branch.
- Our branches will continue to operate under modified hours: Monday – Friday we will be open from 9 am to 4:00 and Saturdays from 9 am to 12:00 pm.
- Our King Street, Alexandria branch will remain closed. ATM and night drop services remain available at this location. Our Main Office is nearby and offers convenient, free parking while banking at the branch.
- We'd also like to remind customers that we offer Drive Up Teller Services at eighteen (18)
branches with this feature.
For the continued safety of our customers, visitors, and team members, we are employing a number of precautions. These include:
- Installing signs in our branches as a reminder to practice social distancing by staying at least six feet apart while visiting the Bank.
- Providing hand sanitizer in our branches and office buildings for use by customers, visitors, and team members.
- Asking that all customers and team members wear a mask while inside the branch in accordance with Northern Virginia’s requirement. For identification purposes, customers might be asked to remove their mask temporarily.
- Communicating regularly with Bank employees regarding the preventive hygienic practices outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Asking team members to disinfect work areas as frequently as possible.
- Making disposable gloves available to those who handle money.
To minimize in-person contact we encourage our customers to take advantage of these convenient self-service options:
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking are available to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and, through Mobile Banking, deposit checks as well. We have increased our Mobile Banking Deposit limits for personal and business banking customers to provide added flexibility and convenience in using the Mobile Banking app.
- ATMs provide another option for cash withdrawals, deposits, and other everyday banking services. In addition to Burke & Herbert Bank ATMs, personal Convenient Checking Account customers may use any ATM nationwide without having to pay transaction fees. We have increased ATM withdrawal limits for customers with Burke & Herbert Bank Visa® Debit Cards so that you can get the cash you need with fewer ATM visits.
- The Burke & Herbert Bank Visa® Debit Card provides you with a convenient way to pay for purchases (in stores and online).
- And, our Customer Contact Center is available to assist you by phone, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - simply give us call at 703-684-1655.
Assistance for Borrowers
We are committed to helping our customers who may be adversely affected financially due to the coronavirus outbreak. If you are concerned about being able to make your Burke & Herbert Bank mortgage or other consumer or small business loan payments, please contact us at 703-684-1655.
Please continue to visit us online for information and updates. We will continue to use this page to keep you informed. Thank you for your confidence and trust during this difficult time.