Coronavirus Update (November 16, 2020)
Our Branches are Open
Burke & Herbert Bank is here for you and is open for business. Our branches are open Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and Saturdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm with no appointment needed.
Safety Precautions are in Place
For your safety and the safety of our team members, we are following guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local and national authorities to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus. Precautions that we have employed include:
- Installing protective shields in branches and other customer contact areas in the Bank.
- Adding a state-of-the-art air purification system to the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in all of our facilities.
- Installing signs in our branches as a reminder to practice social distancing by staying at least six feet apart while visiting the Bank.
- Providing hand sanitizer in our branches and office buildings for use by customers, visitors, and team members.
- Asking that all customers and team members wear a mask while inside the branch in accordance with Northern Virginia’s requirement. For identification purposes, customers might be asked to remove their mask temporarily.
- Communicating regularly with Bank employees regarding the preventive hygienic practices outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Asking team members to disinfect work areas as frequently as possible.
- Making disposable gloves available to those who handle money.
Multiple Options are Available to Minimize In-Person Contact
- Drive Up Teller Services are available at seventeen (17) branches, offering a safe and convenient option for customers who do not wish to come inside a branch.
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking are available to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and, through Mobile Banking, deposit checks as well. We have increased our Mobile Banking Deposit limits for personal and business banking customers to provide added flexibility and convenience in using the Mobile Banking app.
- ATMs provide another option for cash withdrawals, deposits, and other everyday banking services. In addition to Burke & Herbert Bank ATMs, personal Convenient Checking Account customers may use any ATM nationwide without having to pay transaction fees. We have increased ATM withdrawal limits for customers with Burke & Herbert Bank Visa® Debit Cards so that you can get the cash you need with fewer ATM visits.
- The Burke & Herbert Bank Visa® Debit Card provides you with a convenient way to pay for purchases (in stores and online).
- NEW Digital Wallet Feature
Plus, when you enroll your Debit Card in a digital wallet app – Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay – on your smartphone or other mobile device, you can make fast, contact-free, and safe mobile payments. There’s no need to carry your physical card or even a physical wallet and no need to touch the payment terminal at checkout.
- And, our Customer Contact Center is available to assist you by phone, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - simply give us call at 703-684-1655.
We remain committed to doing everything that we can to meet your personal and business banking needs while caring for the health and safety of customers, team members, and visitors. Thank you for your trust and confidence in Burke & Herbert Bank.