Coronavirus Update (May 15, 2020)
Burke & Herbert Bank remains committed to following guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local and national authorities to help minimize the spread of the coronavirus. We also remain committed to doing all we can to meet our customers’ personal and business banking needs, while caring for the safety of our customers and team members.
The Bank is here for you and remains open for business, with some temporary changes to how we are delivering branch banking services.
- Drive Up Teller Services are available at eighteen (18) branches with this feature, and other banking services are available by appointment only inside most of these branches.
- Branches without Drive Up Teller Services are providing all branch banking services by appointment only.
- Our King Street, Alexandria branch is temporarily closed. ATM and night drop services remain available at this location. Our Main Office is nearby and offers a Walk Up Teller Window.
- Branches are closing at 4:00 pm Monday – Friday, rather than 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm.
- Branches that open on Saturday now close at 12:00 pm, rather than 1:00 pm.
- Our offices in Clarendon, McLean, and Vienna are offering branch banking services by appointment during the week only. They will not open on Saturday.
- Our office in Centreville is providing Drive Up Teller Services only.
Stay Safe: Bank at Home
To minimize in-person contact we encourage you to take advantage of these convenient self-service options:
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking are available to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills, and, through Mobile Banking, deposit checks as well. We have increased our Mobile Banking Deposit limits for personal and business banking customers to provide added flexibility and convenience in using the Mobile Banking app.
- ATMs provide another option for cash withdrawals, deposits, and other everyday banking services. In addition to Burke & Herbert Bank ATMs, personal Convenient Checking Account customers may use any ATM nationwide without having to pay transaction fees. We have increased ATM withdrawal limits for customers with Burke & Herbert Bank Visa® Debit Cards so that you can get the cash you need with fewer ATM visits.
- The Burke & Herbert Bank Visa® Debit Card provides you with a convenient way to pay for purchases (in stores and online).
- And, our Customer Contact Center is available to assist you by phone, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - simply give us call at 703-684-1655.
Assistance for Borrowers
We are committed to helping our customers who may be adversely affected financially due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- If you are concerned about being able to make your Burke & Herbert Bank mortgage or other consumer or small business loan payments, please contact us at 703-684-1655. We will work with you to understand your specific situation and needs and determine how we may be able to help.
- If you are a small business customer who has recieved approval on a Paycheck Protection Program loan, we are working to close and fund your loan as quickly as possible. We are no longer accepting new Paycheck Protection Program applications.
- We also are following the recommended steps for minimizing spread of the disease:
- Communicating regularly with Bank employees regarding the preventive hygienic practices outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Making masks available to team members who have contact with customers.
- Asking team members to report being present in an area that has been identified as one where the coronavirus has been spread, and to report any contact with an individual with a confirmed case of the virus.
- Asking team members to report, in advance, any travel outside of the DC Metropolitan area to our Human Resources team and to reconsider all future travel plans.
- Asking team members to disinfect work areas as frequently as possible.
- Making disposable gloves available to those who handle money.
- Providing hand sanitizer in our branches and office buildings for use by customers, visitors, and team members.
- Limiting in-person meetings and conducting business by telephone and/or online.
Please continue to visit us online for information and updates. We will continue to use this page to keep you informed. Thank you for your confidence and trust during this difficult time.