Online Banking Security
- Avoid using the same password for all your online accounts, including those you use to access social networking sites.
- Log off and close the browser when you have finished with Online Banking.
- Set up balance and transaction email alerts so that you can be notified in case of any unexpected activity. With eNotifications through Burke & Herbert Bank Online Bill Pay, you can be notified by email or text message when a payment is made that exceeds a set amount.
- Keep your computer operating system up to date to ensure the highest level of protection.
- Use a current Web browser.
- Install and keep anti-virus and security software up to date on your computer.
- Install a personal firewall on your computer to assist in preventing cyber-attacks.