Consumer Mortgage & HELOC Processor
Burke & Herbert Bank is looking to hire a Consumer Mortgage & HELOC Processor. The Consumer Mortgage & HELOC Processor will document and analyze credit information necessary to process first and second trust residential loan applications and will work with secondary market investor guidelines. The mortgage processor will assist in managing pipeline, following up with borrowers, Burke & Herbert Bank partners and other sources of business and will work with Operations to ensure timely loan closings.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Five years mortgage banking experience, preferably at a regulated financial institution
- Knowledge of lending compliance requirements and general knowledge of conventional and government loans available to the consumer
- Calyx Point experience preferred
Essential Job Responsibilities include:
- Validate and collect all data necessary to process consumer mortgage and HELOC applications
- Assign loan number, if not assigned by the Mortgage Loan Officer
- Input and verify information in Loan Origination System, Calyx Point
- Submit to Loan Prospector or other automated underwriting system
- Work with Underwriter on file documentation and loan presentation
- Follow up on conditions necessary to close loan
- Work with Mortgage Loan Officer to price and lock interest rate with investor
- Work with Mortgage Loan Officer to ensure pipeline accuracy
- Order appraisal, title commitment and homeowners insurance and ensure timely receipt through routine follow-up
- Schedule closing date
- Submit loan to Underwriter in proper stacking order and provide any required stipulations prior to closing
- Maintain lending compliance including but not limited to: early disclosures, government monitoring, high-priced mortgage loans documentation, and customer information procedures
We not only treat our customers with courteous, professional service, we treat our employees that way as well—not to mention the competitive salary, commission, and benefits. This is why people who come to work for Burke & Herbert Bank tend to stay a while. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vacation and sick leave, group term life insurance, long term disability, 401(k) with match, educational assistance, SmartBenefits, and more.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Dana Marra, Human Resources Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Consumer Mortgage & HELOC Processor" in the subject line.